Friday 13 July 2012

Safety in numbers

Isn't it funny how different songs resonate with different times in our life and it seems that they are directly talking to us, reflecting how we are feeling at that particular time.

For example, Christina Perri's Jar of hearts....:"I learned to live half alive and now you want me one more time, who do you think you are running around leavin' scars", when the ex calls wanting you back and Lily Allen: Go back to the start ..."You were always the taller and prettier one" whenever I hear this I think of my sister.


When I start to feel lonely or sad I crank up the music and sing along at the top of my lungs (well....if you can call it singing) so that even my deaf next door neighbours can hear and think a cat is being killed.  It makes me realise it's not only me that is feeling this way because if someone else has written a song about it chances are they have felt like that too!


I like it when I feel happy and it sometimes takes a friends pep talk and their company to make me realise things aren't so bad and I do in fact have a lot to offer this world and that the world also has a lot to offer me.


Some people aren't so lucky to have friends like mine, mine are awesome and I don't know where I would be without them, they are all different and unique and special in their own way and that is why I love them so much.

When I think of them and how they make me feel it it makes me want to share those same feelings with the world.


Their belief in me has spurred me on to finally get my 'styling' business back up and running (something I am very good at) because I to want people to feel happiness within themselves and be proud of who they are, Marilyn Monroe once said "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" and I couldn't agree more.

So if you feel like you want to enhance the already awesome unique individual you already are and are a bit afraid or unsure what suits you, remember I am here for you, every step of the way and I promise not to sing!

http://www.facebook.com/styleheist

http://styleheist.com.au/




No comments:

Post a Comment